Adult Vaccines and Information about Medicare Parts B and D
Adults 65 and older with Medicare coverage are eligible for immunizations through Medicare Parts B and D.
There are no out-of-pocket costs associated with Medicare Part B vaccines. Medicare Part B immunization coverage includes:
- Hepatitis B vaccine (for patients at high or intermediate risk)
- Influenza vaccine
- Pneumococcal vaccine
- Vaccines directly related to treatment of an injury or direct exposure to a disease or condition
Except for vaccines covered under Medicare Part B, Medicare Part D plans must cover all commercially available vaccines as long as the vaccine is reasonable and necessary to prevent illness. Zoster (shingles) vaccine is covered under Part D. Coverage for vaccines under Medicare Part D varies by plan, so patients may have some out-of-pocket costs.
North Dakota’s adult immunization rates are assessed quarterly using the North Dakota Immunization Information System (NDIIS). Immunization rates represent adults 19 years of age and older participating with the NDIIS.
The sites below are among the highest performing adult immunization providers in North Dakota for the following vaccines.
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis 19+ years of age
- Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine 65+ years of age
- Pneumococcal Polysaccharide Vaccine 65+ years of age
- Shingles (Shingrix®) 50+ years of age
- Shingles Live (Zostavax®) 60+ years of age