Getting healthy takes time. It also often requires getting help from outside sources such as a mental health professional, a doctor, pastor, as well as friends and family.
There are some things that you can do however:
- Try to keep things in perspective- recognize the good aspects in life and retain hope for the future.
- Strengthen healthy connections with family and friends that may be good sources of support.
- Participate in physical excercise, sports or hobbies to help relieve stress.
- Get proper rest and nutrition to aid good mental health.
- Keep appointments with medical and mental health providers.
- Develop a routine to assist you with daily activities, making sure to schedule in time to relax.