The ND Suicide Prevention program resides within The Division of Injury Prevention and Control. The Division of Injury Prevention and Control is dedicated to reducing injuries in North Dakotans through leadership, education, and policy.
The Suicide Prevention Program proudly partners with multisector organizations to provide a comprehensive systems approach to suicide prevention. This effort works to educate ND communities on the warning signs and symptoms of suicide and how to get help for people who may be suicidal.
The Suicide Prevention Local Program Partners:
• ND Cares Coalition, Learn more at: ndcares.org
• American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Learn more at: afsp.org/chapter/afsp-north-dakota/
• ND Department of Human Services
• ND Department of Public Instruction
• First Link, Learn more at myfirstlink.org/
• Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians
• ND National Guard
• Mental Health America North Dakota, Learn more at: www.mhand.org
• Roughrider Education Cooperative
• North Central Educational Cooperative
• Mid Dakota Educational Cooperative
• North Dakota Center for Persons with Disabilities – Minot State University
• Sources of Strength, learn more at: sourcesofstrength.org
• Many more dedicated partners in suicide prevention
Dial 211 to be connected to local providers near you
Dial 1-800-273-TALK for confidential suicide prevention crisis support
Visit Contact Us to get involved in schools, communities, and through service organizations.