The ND Suicide Prevention program resides within The Division of Injury Prevention and Control. The Division of Injury Prevention and Control is dedicated to reducing injuries to North Dakotans through leadership, education, resources and policy.
Governor Jack Dalrymple and the North Dakota State Legislature continue to support the Suicide Prevention Program, funding program efforts in schools and communities across North Dakota.
The Suicide Prevention Program proudly partners with multisector organizations to provide a comprehensive systems approach to suicide prevention. This effort works to educate ND communities on the warning signs and symptoms of suicide and how to get help for people who may be suicidal.
The Suicide Prevention Local Program Partners:
• ND Suicide Prevention Coalition
• ND Cares Coalition, Learn more at: http://governor.nd.gov/first-lady/nd-cares
• American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, Learn more at: http://www.afsp.org/northdakota
• ND Department of Human Services
• ND Department of Public Instruction
• First Link, Learn more at http://myfirstlink.org/
• Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians
• ND National Guard
• Mental Health America North Dakota, Learn more at: http://www.mhand.org
• Bismarck Public School District: See Century’s Sources of Strength Project, Learn more at: https://sites.google.com/a/bismarckschools.org/century-high-school-sources-of-strength/home
• Roughrider Education Cooperative
• North Central Educational Cooperative
• Mid Dakota Educational Cooperative
• North Dakota Center for Persons with Disabilities – Minot State University
• Boys and Girls Club of Three Affiliated Tribes, New Town
• Many more dedicated partners in suicide prevention