The Division of Disease Control:
- Conducts a general communicable disease program and provides epidemiology
for reportable diseases. Programs administered include: Immunization, Tuberculosis
Control, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, HIV/AIDS and Epidemiology and Laboratory
- Identifies and analyzes disease trends and implements appropriate
intervention activities to reduce morbidity and mortality.
- Acts as a resource for health care providers and the public regarding
public health questions and issues.
- Investigate foodborne illnesses, handle questions related to rabies
and deal with other communicable disease issues.
- Works with the media to provide timely public education.