80% by 2018
North Dakota Colorectal Cancer Roundtable
The North Dakota Colorectal Cancer Roundtable (NDCCRT), co-lead by the American Cancer Society and the North Dakota Department of Health, is a statewide coalition of organizations dedicated to reducing the incidence of and mortality from colorectal cancer in our state, through coordinated leadership and strategic planning. The ultimate goal of the state’s Roundtable is to increase the use of proven colorectal cancer screening tests among the entire population for whom screening is appropriate.
What is the 80% by 2018 initiative?
80% by 2018 is a national movement in which hundreds of organizations have committed to eliminating colorectal cancer as a major public health problem and are working toward the shared goal of reaching 80% of the eligible U.S. population screened for colorectal cancer by 2018. In North Dakota, 42% of adults are not up to date with colorectal cancer screening. Your organization can join this movement by signing the 80 by 18 Pledge- North Dakota today!
Get Involved Locally
The NDCCRT has prioritized several strategies for increasing colorectal cancer screening statewide. There are 4 workgroups actively working to implement these strategies. If you are interested in a joining a workgroup or learning more, please contact email@example.com.
- A technical support and information group for those interested in implementing the evidence-based intervention known as FluFIT.
- Access to Care
- This group is implementing a local campaign to assist worksites/employers with the tools to offer paid time off for preventive wellness screenings.
- Provider Education
- This group is working to increase the number of providers, nurses, and other healthcare professionals trained in evidence-based systems changes for improving CRC screening in ND.
- Public Awareness
- This group is recruiting a local celebrity spokesperson to spread the message about the importance of CRC screening. The group is also developing a “local spokesperson toolkit” to assist local communities in recruiting their own spokesperson for CRC awareness.
In the News…
Congratulations to the 2017 Turn ND Blue for CRC Awareness photo contest winners:
- NDSU’s Masters of Public Health Department
- City of Bismarck, Police and Public Health Department
- Walsh County Health District & WIC
- Essentia Health Endoscopy
Congratulations to ND’s very own Coal Country Community Health Centers, winner of the National 80% by 2018 Achievement Award!
Dr. Aaron Garman, Medical Director for Coal Country Community Health Centers, accepts a national award from the American Cancer Society’s Dr. Durado Brooks and Dr. John Hamilton during the May, 2016, ND Colorectal Cancer Roundtable.
The newly revised 2016 80% by 2018 Communications Guidebook, and the new Hispanics/Latinos and Colorectal Cancer Companion Guide.
Use of 80 by 18 logo: Sign the agreement at this link, and a logo will be available for download: Responsible Use Agreement
Resources for Clinics
How Your Organization Can Advance 80% by 2018
What Can Primary Care Doctors do to Advance 80% by 2018?
What Can Hospitals do to Advance 80% by 2018?
What Can Insurers do to Advance 80% by 2018?
What Can Employers do to Advance 80% by 2018?
What can community organizations do to advance 80% by 2018?
Thank you to the following North Dakota organizations for signing the 80 by 18 Pledge- North Dakota:
- Altru Health System
- CHI St. Alexius Health
- Coal Country Community Health Centers
- Community Health Association of the Dakotas
- Custer Health
- Essentia Health
- Family HealthCare
- Great Plains Tribal Chairmen’s Health Board
- North Dakota Cancer Coalition
- North Dakota Department of Health
- North Dakota Medical Association
- Northland Community Health Center
- Quality Health Associates of North Dakota
- Sanford Health
- Sakakawea Medical Center
- Valley Community Health Center
Steering Committee: North Dakota Colorectal Cancer Roundtable
|Dr. Fadel Nammour, Chair||Vice President and Council Chair, North Dakota Medical Association
Gastroenterologist, Dakota Gastroenterology Clinic
|Dr. Aaron Garman||Medical Director, Coal Country Community Health Centers|
|Pam Gulleson||Vice President of Public Affairs, Blue Cross Blue Shield of ND|
|Dr. Stephen Nelson||Associate Medical Officer, Sanford Health Plan|
|Carey Rivinius, NP-C||North Dakota Nurse Practitioner Association|
|Dr. Donald Warne||Director, Master of Public Health Program at North Dakota State University|
|Pete Seljevold||Director, North Dakota Worksite Wellness Initiative|
Co-Leads on Coordination of 80% by 2018 Work in ND
Health Systems Manager
Great West Division
American Cancer Society
4646 Amber Valley Pkwy
Fargo, ND 58104
Community Partnership Coordinator
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control
North Dakota Department of Health
600 E. Boulevard Ave. Dept. 301
Dr. Wender, Chief Cancer Control Officer for the American Cancer Society, sang a little song about 80% by 2018 during the 2015 North Dakota Cancer Coalition conference. VIDEO: Dr. Wender Singing to North Dakota
For additional information please contact the North Dakota Colorectal Cancer Roundtable at: firstname.lastname@example.org