North Dakota Colorectal Cancer Roundtable
The North Dakota Colorectal Cancer Roundtable (NDCCRT), co-lead by the American Cancer Society and the North Dakota Department of Health, is a statewide coalition of organizations dedicated to reducing the incidence of and mortality from colorectal cancer in our state, through coordinated leadership and strategic planning. The ultimate goal of the state’s Roundtable is to increase the use of proven colorectal cancer screening tests among the entire population for whom screening is appropriate.
March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month!
Join us in raising awareness about colorectal cancer throughout the month of March:
- CRC Data Factsheet, ND
- Social Media Posts for CRC Month in ND (2018) (featuring local North Dakota stories)
- Turn ND Blue Photo Contest
- Videos featuring ND CRC Survivors:
- For Clinical Teams:
80% by 2018 … and Beyond
80% by 2018 is a national movement in which hundreds of organizations have committed to eliminating colorectal cancer as a major public health problem and are working toward the shared goal of reaching 80% of the eligible U.S. population screened for colorectal cancer by the year 2018. The 80% by 2018 initiative will continue through December 31, 2018, and in 2019 the initiative will transition to a new campaign which will continue to build on the progress made (Learn more here).
While North Dakota has made progress in recent years, 35% of eligible adults in our state are still not up to date with colorectal cancer screening. It is imperative that we continue working to increase screening rates in North Dakota. Your organization can join this movement by signing the 80% Pledge today!
Dr. Wender, Chief Cancer Control Officer for the American Cancer Society, recorded a special video message about 80% by 2018 for North Dakota.
Get Involved Locally
The ND Colorectal Cancer Roundtable has prioritized several strategies for increasing colorectal cancer screening statewide. Priority strategies include provider education, public awareness, and access to care. If you are interested in a joining a workgroup or learning more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn How Your Organization Can Advance 80% by 2018:
For a variety of tools and resources on colorectal cancer screening, please visit http://nccrt.org/resource-center/
Thank you to the following ND organizations for signing the 80% by 2018 Pledge:
- Altru Health System
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota
- Central Valley Health District
- CHI St. Alexius Health
- City-County Health District
- Coal Country Community Health Centers
- Community Health Association of the Dakotas
- Custer Health
- Essentia Health
- Family HealthCare
- Great Plains Tribal Chairmen’s Health Board
- North Dakota Cancer Coalition
- North Dakota Department of Health
- North Dakota Medical Association
- Northland Community Health Center
- Quality Health Associates of North Dakota
- Sanford Health
- Sakakawea Medical Center
- Sargent County Health District
- Southwestern District Health Unit
- Trinity Health
- Valley Community Health Center
Thank you to the ND CRC Roundtable Steering Committee:
- Dr. Fadel Nammour, Chair (Gastroenterologist, Dakota Gastroenterology Clinic, & Vice President, ND Medical Association)
- Dr. Aaron Garman (Medical Director, Coal Country Community Health Centers)
- Pam Gulleson (Vice President of Public Affairs, Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota)
- Dr. Stephen Nelson (Associate Medical Officer, Sanford Health Plan)
- Carey Rivinius, NP-C (North Dakota Nurse Practitioner Association)
- Dr. Donald Warne (Director, Master of Public Health Program at North Dakota State University)
- Pete Seljevold (Director, North Dakota Worksite Wellness Initiative)
Questions? Please contact Shannon Bacon, Health Systems Manager with the American Cancer Society or Dr. Jesse Tran, Director of the Comprehensive Cancer Control Program with North Dakota Department of Health.Questions?