Workplace Support in North Dakota
In 2009, the North Dakota Legislature passed legislation which established an "infant-friendly" designation for workplaces who adopt breastfeeding support policies.
The North Dakota Department of Health is here to assist your workplace with questions.
Click here for a Sample Workplace Breastfeeding Policy template or contact email@example.com.
A business is designated as Infant Friendly if they have a formal policy addressing:
- TIME: Allow flexible break times for expression of milk.
- Provide a clean, private space (not a toilet stall or restroom) for pumping.
- Provide access to a clean water source for washing hands and cleaning pump equipment.
- Provide options for storage of breastmilk, with either a refrigerator or allowing the employee to bring a personal cooler.
- SUPPORT: Educate all staff about your workplace breastfeeding policy.
If you are located in Bismarck, Fargo or Grand Forks, check out the links below for local resources.