|Air Quality ● Laboratory Services ● Municipal Facilities ● Waste Management ● Water Quality ● EHS Home|
Watershed IQ Test
Record your answers then click the link at the bottom of the page to correct your quiz.
1. A watershed is generally defined as:
a. a building that stores water
2. Percentage of Americans who can correctly answer the previous question, according to national surveys.
a. every red-blooded American
3. Stream order is a technique to:
a. stop stream disturbance by
issuing regulatory permits
4. How much land in a watershed would be taken up by a stream buffer network that extends a distance of 100 feet from either side of the stream?
5. Recent watershed research has discovered that urban stream quality begins to decline sharply once impervious cover in a watershed exceeds:
6. What percentage of Americans rely on septic systems to dispose of their wastewater?
a. none– most waste is cleaned by
a treatment plant except in really rural areas
Copyright © 2010 North Dakota Department of Health