Watershed IQ Test
Record your answers then click the link at the bottom of the page to correct your quiz.
1. A watershed is generally defined as:
a. a building that stores water
b. all the land area that drains to a given point in a waterbody
c. all the water that drains to a given point in a landform
d. a moment in time when you cross into a new area
e. a new way of organizing environmental agencies
2. Percentage of Americans who can correctly answer the previous question, according to national surveys.
a. every red-blooded American
c. 41 %
e. 0%, and we shouldn�t discuss this subject.
3. Stream order is a technique to:
a. stop stream disturbance by
issuing regulatory permits
b. classify streams based on their location in the drainage network
c. prevent flow from running downhill
4. How much land in a watershed would be taken up by a stream buffer network that extends a distance of 100 feet from either side of the stream?
5. Recent watershed research has discovered that urban stream quality begins to decline sharply once impervious cover in a watershed exceeds:
6. What percentage of Americans rely on septic systems to dispose of their wastewater?
a. none� most waste is cleaned by
a treatment plant except in really rural areas