Radioactive Material Licensing in North Dakota
WE CAN NO LONGER ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS AS A FORM OF PAYMENT FOR LICENSE FEES.
What you need to know about licensing radioactive materials in ND
- Chapter 33-10-03.1 of the North Dakota Radiological Health Rules pertains to licensing of radioactive material.
- No person may manufacture, purchase, transfer, receive, acquire, own, possess, store or use radioactive material without first being licensed by the Department.
- A licensee may renew the license by submitting a completed Radioactive Materials License Application.
- Licensing Guides for each type of materials license are available through our office and from this Guide Page.
- Reciprocity (recognition of license from other jurisdictions) may be granted for up to 180 days in any 12 consecutive months to out of state licensees provided they fully comply with the requirements of Chapter 33-10-19 of the North Dakota Radiological Health Rules.
In order to obtain a ND Radioactive Materials License, a completed application must be sent to our office. You may print out a License Application form from our forms page, or phone our office at (701) 328-5188 for copies of the application.
- License Application - Application for Radioactive Material License (SFN-8418)
- North Dakota Radiological Health Rules
The Radiation Control Program pages are
maintained by James Lawson, RT