|Air Quality ● Laboratory Services ● Municipal Facilities ● Waste Management ● Water Quality ● EHS Home|
LIMITED SCOPE X-RAY OPERATOR TRAINING - CLINICAL PORTION
Clinical Experience and Supervision: Individuals must complete the clinical experience section as outlined in Part 2 of Appendix H.
Clinical experience/supervision section. Individuals must complete either a or b below. If the individual is unable to demonstrate clinical competence in a procedure due to a lack of opportunity, the student shall complete the three prerequisite examinations required by Appendix J using simulation for subdivision s a through k subsection 1 of Appendix J. Final demonstration of competence in subdivisions a through s of subsection 1 of Appendix J should be completed as soon as there is a patient requiring the procedure. No individual may perform an unsupervised procedure for which they have not successfully completed the final demonstration of competence.
(1) Direct supervision and evaluation of competence shall be performed by a general diagnostic operator or a limited diagnostic operator with 2 years experience.
(2) The individual shall utilize proper procedure as indicated in Appendix J.
(3) The individual shall be evaluated on procedure, performance and competency on forms provided by the Department for each of the examinations listed in Appendix I; or
b. Individuals must complete at least one hundred twenty hours of clinical training at a facility where there is routinely fifty or more limited diagnostic X‑ray examinations performed per week. During this time they may perform X-ray examinations only under direct supervision. After completing the one hundred twenty hours of training, the individual must complete an additional three month probationary training period as outlined in number four of this part.
(1) Direct supervision and evaluation of competence shall be performed by a general diagnostic operator or a limited diagnostic operator with two years experience.
(2) The individual shall utilize proper procedure as indicated in appendix J.
(3) The individual shall be evaluated on procedure performance and competency on forms provided by the department for each of the examinations listed in appendix I.
(4) Upon completion of one hundred twenty clinical hours and demonstration of competence in accordance with appendix J for limited diagnostic operator examinations:
Copyright � 2005 North Dakota Department of Health