LIMITED SCOPE X-RAY OPERATOR TRAINING - 3-HOUR TRAINING
In addition to the 80-Hour course, Limited Scope X-Ray Operators are required to complete a 3-hour course, which can be accessed on this website, or can be supplied by the Department via DVD or VHS tape. The 80-hour course and this 3 hour training should be completed prior to beginning the clinical competence portion of the limited scope x-ray operator training requirements in the North Dakota Radiological Health Rules. This training supplement addresses two critical areas of the limited scope x-ray operator training. One area is the North Dakota Radiological Health Rules and Part 1 covers this information. The second part covers special considerations involving pediatric x-rays.
1) Self Study Required Reading (1 credit hour): Prior to viewing Part 2 of this training, the limited operator is required to read one of the following reference sources:
The Chapter on Pediatric Radiography from Textbook of Radiographic Positioning and Related Anatomy by Kenneth L. Bontrager, or
The section dealing with Radiography of Pediatric Patients from Radiography Essentials for Limited Practice by Margaret Hunkele, or
The Chapter on Pediatric Imaging from Merrill's Atlas of Radiographic Positions and Radiologic Procedures by Philip W. Ballinger.
2) Streaming Video (Note: A video code will be announced during the presentation - Write down the code. You will need this code to obtain a printed certificate for the course):
Part 1: North Dakota Radiological Health Rules (1 credit hour) - Please disregard the request for printout materials for this section. IT IS NOT NEEDED.
- Part 2: Special Considerations Involving Pediatric X-Rays (1 credit hour)
- These videos are also available in DVD and VHS formats - contact one of the instructors to obtain a copy.
4) Obtaining a Printed Certificate (Note: You must know the correct video code announced during the video presentation in order to print the certificate. Select the appropriate certificate using the pull-down menu at the top of the Webcast Registration screen. A separate certificate is required for Part 1 and Part 2 of this course).
Print your certificates - After printing the certificate use the Back button on your browser to return to this page to view the next part.